Phillip Lin and Uncle Ah Kok warmly welcome everyone to their traditional house (aka Living Fisher Village), where you will be rewarded with untold stories of struggle, traditional culture and the original way of kampung life.
- Play kampung games and experience kampung lifestyle
- Dress up and pose at photo booths
- Cooking Demonstration: Making traditional kueh ("cake") using charcoal stove
- Intro to Kayaking: 1-hour trial session for visitors who have never tried kayaking before. Learn techniques on how to paddle with a guide.
- Exhibition and tour about mangroves with the Restore Ubin Mangroves (R.U.M.) Initiative.
Date: 10 May (Wed) Vesak Day holiday
Time: 10am - 5pm
Venue: Living Fisher Village at Uncle Ah Kok's house. How to get there.
Cost: Entry by donation. Any amount is welcomed (minimum recommended $5). Funds will be used to cover Uncle Ah Kok's food, electricity and medical bills).
Registration required. Latest updates and registration online.
Volunteers welcomed to help at the Living Fisher Village. More details here (scroll down).